Home :: Prague Transport :: SMS tickets :: Subways and tramss
  • Date / time: 2015-08-22 17:26:28Name: Donald Marchand

    I am a US citizen and will visit Prague next week for three days. I am 82 years old and my wife is 65. Am I eligible to travel free and is my wife eligible to travel as a senior? What do we have to have and where do we go to get the appropriate documents.

    Thank you


    • Date / time: 2015-08-24 13:36:58Name: Pavla

      Hello, seniors can travel with discounts only with a senior card from the Prague public transit company. You need to go to their information office with a photograph, passport and about 30 CZK and to fill a form. The staff will give you a senior pass. For more information contact direct the the DPP – Prague public transit company. Kind regards Pavla


      • Date / time: 2015-10-04 14:16:08Name: Ian

        Hello Pavla. I visited from Edinburgh recently and bought a senior pass at the airport after supplying photo and passport. they gave me a pass which says Prukaz senior 65–70 and told me (twice) that this would give me FREE (and not ‚discounted‘) travel on Prague transport. This was also produced to the inspectors on a tram and they were satisfied with it. I have contacted DPP for clarification. I also understand that when a person is 70 or over, they only need to produce photo ID such as a passport when travelling free on Prague transport. Can you clarify your answer given to the US citizens please. Sincerely, Ian.