Home :: Prague Transport :: SMS tickets :: over 70 free ride
  • Date / time: 2012-01-08 16:45:07Name: Borivoj Jasek

    I am over 70 living in USA.I will travel to Prague.How can I get free transportation? Than­ks


    • Date / time: 2012-01-08 17:33:55Name: ivana

      Hello, you are eligible for free transport already, just carry always your passport with you.


      • Date / time: 2013-09-03 22:07:09Name: Susan

        Hi, do you mean Ivana that I do not have to get the open ticket to ride free. I thought I had to have a ticket to get on the bus and the metro. I am 70 and my husband is 79 and we are living in Prague 6 now.

        Thanks for your answer.


        • Date / time: 2013-09-04 11:46:17Name: Pavla

          Dear Ms Susan, thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately at present you have to have a Czech document which states that you are over 70, so you can travel for free. In your case that mean you have to go to Dejvicka metro station. You will find the ticket office of the Prague public transport. You will show them your passport, give them your photograph (passport format), 30 CZK and you will fill a form from them. They will give you some kind of pass allowing you to travel for free on trams, buses and subway. Kind regards Pavla


          • Date / time: 2013-09-07 23:30:36Name: Susan

            Ivana, Thank you so much for your answer to my question. I appreciate it very much. My husband and I will do just as you say. We will have to get our photo taken first and then will go to the ticket office. I wish you a wonderful day.

            Warmly, Susan