Public transport in Prague
Prague integrated transportation system
(in czech Pražská integrovaná doprava – PID)
Public transport consists of metro, trams and buses, plus suburban
buses (lines from no.300 to no.400). The Prague Petřín funicular is
a part of integrated transportation system (PID)
For more information, call the Prague public
transit company +420 296 191 817 (daily 7am – 9 pm) or write a query.
How to find a connection to your hotel
Find a connection on a website of The Prague Public Transit – here
- Just fill From, To, Date, Time, and
click on the search button.
You need to use Czech names of the stations/stops:
- Prague main train station (Hlavní nádraží),
- Central bus station (Florenc),
- The airport (just write Terminál 1, or Terminál
2 according to where you will arrive/depart)
- Your hotel: Use the name of the hotel, or write down the
street address and choose the hotel from menu. The system will find
Petřín funicular – unique in Prague
funicular is a funicular railway in Prague. It connects the Malá
Strana district with the top of Petřín
hill. The funicular has three stops: Újezd (bottom), Nebozízek
(middle) and Petřín (top). Works every day from 9.00 to 23.20 with maximum
15 minutes interval. The funicular is a part of the PID, the same tickets as for public
transport can be used here.
to buy public transport tickets by SMS
Information centers in Prague
For more information about Prague
transportation system visit or call the following information
centers. The information is available in English, German, French and
Phone: +420 296 191 817 (daily 7 a.m.-9 p.m)
- Metro A and C lines, in the Muzeum station underpass. Open
daily 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Metro B line, in the Můstek station underpass, under
Jungmannovo namesti. Open Monday to Friday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Metro B line, Anděl station. Open Monday to Friday
7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Metro C line, in Nadraží
Holešovice station. Open Monday to Friday 7 a.m.
– 6 p.m.
- Vaclav Havel
International Airport, terminals Sever I and II. Open daily
7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- The head office of Prague Public Transportation Corp. is
situated at Na Bojišti 5, not far from the I.P. Pavlova metro station,
located on the C (red) line.
video showing how to move in Prague by public transport
– see frequently asked questions about train and bus tickets, taxi transfers
and the public transport
Show all topics
Last update: 2019-02-18