Train Papertickets: Terms and Conditions of Purchase
General terms and conditions
- Paper-tickets can be issued for any connection offered on our website. They
are physically printed by us and shipped to customers.
- Passengers must present the originals of the tickets and other
needed documents (passport, ID card) when required (upon boarding an
overnight train or when asked by conductor on day trains). Czech Transport is
not responsible for any damages arising out of incomplete or improper
documentation given by the passenger.
- In some cases the tickets are divided at the international borders.
- Customers must keep tickets stapled together and ready for
inspection. Claims for missing tickets are not accepted if tickets are
- Paper-tickets are usually printed as a ticket with a separate reservation of
a seat/bed/couchette. In some cases they are issued as a single combined
document. Customers can also choose to buy only reservations or tickets.
- There are no names printed on paper tickets. They can be used by whoever
- Customers are responsible for rechecking the train tickets
immediately after receiving them. If any discrepancy occurs, please
contact us without delay. Claims cannot be accepted less than 24 hours
before the train departure and are therefore invalid.
- Lost Tickets and Passes: Czech Transport is not responsible
for tickets or reservations, which are lost, stolen or destroyed. Refunds cannot
be authorized in such cases.
Placing an order
- Paper tickets can be ordered up to three months in advance for most of the
Unavailable and sold out tickets
- If due to any circumstances the ordered ticket cannot be purchased
by Czech Transport on the customer's behalf (e.g. the train is full,
mistake in the booking system) the transaction is cancelled and the customer
receives a full refund. Czech Transport informs the passenger about the
unavailability of the ordered tickets as soon as possible and is not responsible
for any damage or expense arising, direct or indirect, out of the
There are 3 ticket types we offer:
- a) Ticket and reservation (default recommended option)
Passengers with this ticket type receive a seat or a cabin reservation and
tickets for the specific route, day and train. Customers cannot use these train
tickets to board another train – even on the same route, and cannot get off
and on the train along the way.
- b) Ticket only (without seat or cabin reservations)
Passengers who buy this type of ticket travel only with tickets for a
specific route, day and train without having any specific seat or cabin booked.
On busy routes or during the summer season this can result in standing the whole
journey in the corridor.
This option is the only option on some of the regional routes (e.g.
Krakow-Oswiecim, Bratislava-Vienna…), where no seat reservations are
available. This option cannot be used for overnight and certain high-speed
- c) Rail Pass seat/cabin reservation (without ticket)
This ticket type is solely for Interrail or Eurail Pass holders. They receive
from us only the seat or cabin reservation. For travelling on a train passengers
have to always have tickets or Interrail or Eurail Passes. Without those,
passengers will have to pay the full ticket price plus a fine directly on the
train. Having only the reservation is not sufficient. Czech-Transport doesn’t
accept any claims for these charges.
We require the following information:
- The parcel recipient’s full name
- The parcel recipient’s valid e-mail address (ideally also an alternative
- The parcel recipient’s full address including ZIP/post code and country
of residence (for FedEx, DHL and post delivery)
- The parcel recipient’s valid telephone contact including the country
We declare that all personal data are considered
confidential, shall be used solely for internal needs, shall not be
made public, given to a third party or abused in any other way. When handling
personal data, we shall abide by the Czech law no. 101/2000 Coll. on personal
The following on-line payment gateways are accepted:
Payments Europe: accepts VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa Electron
and Diners Club.
- PayPal: accepts Visa,
MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club.
- In our office we accept payments by card: VISA, MasterCard,
Maestro, American Express, Visa Electron and Diners Club, JCB and Discover.
- In our office we also accept cash (Czech crowns
To ensure a secure payment, customers are redirected to a 3rd party payment
portal. We receive only the result of the transaction. We do not have
access to customer’s payment card data and we cannot make any
purchase using the card data provided by customers. The payment is identified by
the unique order number (Order ID – a 15-digit numeric string). After a
successful payment a confirmation e-mail is sent to the provided email
addresses. Passengers should double-check their SPAM (JUNK) folders if they do
not have the confirmation. Afterward they should contact
us to ensure the payment went through.
Prices of Train Tickets
- By purchasing the train tickets through us, customers agree to our
prices and further claims cannot be accepted – see the
- Czech transport prices do not correspond to the prices indicated on tickets,
because they also include other fees (e.g. bank fees, railway fees, train ticket
Paper tickets must be either collected in our office or delivered. There are
no other options, how to obtain paper tickets. Customers can choose between the
4 types of delivery according to their preferences and the time left prior to
the train departure.
- FedEx and DHL are the most common delivery methods. They ensure that the
paper tickets are safely delivered to a home/work address or to
the reception desk of a hotel/hostel in Europe (if the customer
stays there for at least one night).
- Delivery time: Within Europe the delivery takes usually
1–2 business days, overseas delivery takes usually 2–3 business days. Remote
areas can be delivered in more than 3 days.
- The parcels with the train tickets need to be signed for,
in other words somebody (the customer, a relative, or a receptionist at the
hotel) have to accept the tickets on the customer’s behalf. Tickets cannot be
left in a mailbox.
The standard delivery follows these steps:
- a) On the provided address the deliveryman tries to find the addressee or
any other person, who can sign for the tickets. If there is nobody at
home, the delivery is usually repeated on the next day. If the repeated
delivery fails, tickets are stored at the local FedEx/DHL office. The customer
is responsible for contacting them to arrange either a pick up at the office or
a repeated delivery.
- b) If the address information is wrong or the parcel is refused by the hotel
front desk, the parcel is stored at the local FedEx/DHL office. The customer is
responsible for contacting them to arrange either a pick up at the office or a
repeated delivery. Any incorrect or incomplete delivery and contact
information (e.g. address, e-mail, telephone number, hotel check-in
name or date) will most probably result in a failed delivery. Any delivery
information corrections and changes done after the tickets are dispatched will
be additionally charged (usually €10–20).
- c) If the customer does not provide correct delivery information to
FedEx/DHL or fail to contact them in time, the parcel with the train tickets may
be either destroyed by the delivery company or sent
back to us. In both cases no refund is issued to the
The parcel with the train tickets is insured and includes a tracking
code which is automatically sent to customer‘s e-mail address
immediately after the tickets are dispatched. The tracking number enables to
follow the parcel progress in real time.
Home address means you must live on this address permanently. Work address
means you must work there permanently. Hotel address means you must stay at this
hotel/hostel for at least one night and the accommodation must have its own
Tickets cannot be sent to P.O. Boxes and APO’s. Also
shipments to any addresses which do not respect rules described in this section
(e.g. rented flats or Airbnbs) will most probably not be delivered without any
possibility to claim refund.
Regular Mail (Post) delivery
This option is available only for parcels costing up to €
100 and for orders made at least 10 days before the latest delivery.
Regular mail option is offered for shipping within Europe.
The envelope is not insured and does not offer any real-time
tracking outside of the Czech Republic. Once the tickets are shipped, the
customer receives an e-mail with the parcel’s tracking number.
By choosing this delivery option, the customer has all the responsibilities
in case the post delivery is not successful for whatever reason. If the
tickets are not delivered in time or not delivered at all (incorrect
address, envelope lost on the way…), Czech-Transport does not bear any
responsibility for that and no claims will be accepted.
The Regular Mail (Post) delivery follows these steps:
- Once the tickets are printed, they are shipped to the requested address. The
local postman delivers then the envelope to the recipient’s mailbox. In
most countries the customer must be at the address at the time of delivery
– if there is no one at home, the envelope is stored at the local
post office for a period of time (usually 10 days) before the parcel
- The usual shipping time is 5–15 working days, although it may take longer
in season (e.g. Christmas)
- If customers do not receive the parcel within 15 business days, they are
obliged to contact the local post office with the tracking
number from Czech-Transport.
Courier delivery to Prague hotel/hostel
- This is the recommended delivery method for customers whose trip starts in
Prague and who are staying at least one night in a hotel/hostel with a
- Courier delivery follows these steps: After printing, the
tickets are stored in our office until few days before the provided check-in
date. Then the courier delivers the tickets to the front desk of the
hotel/hostel (usually 1–3 days before the check-in). The receptionist signs
for the envelope with the tickets and keeps them stored at the reception for the
customer. Customers should ask for the envelope from Czech-Transport after their
- Tickets are usually delivered during the late
- During the booking process customers are asked for their hotel details
(hotel name and address, check-in date and check-in name). They are
responsible for giving us complete and correct
- If a customer provides an address without reception desk
(apartments, rented flats…), the tickets will most likely not be delivered.
The customer is responsible for contacting us with a delivery alternative
(office pick-up etc.).
- Any repeated deliveries caused by the customer not providing correct
information will be charged (€5–20).
Collection in our Prague office
- This is the recommended delivery method for customers whose trips start in
Prague and have enough time to visit our office during the opening hours
(Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm). The office is closed during weekends. Tickets
cannot be picked up at any train station, only in our office in Prague.
- The Pick up delivery follows these steps: During the
booking process the pick-up date is chosen. After the tickets are printed,
customers are notified by e-mail. The tickets are stored in our office in an
envelope with customer’s name on it. Customers can come to the office anytime
during the opening hours on or before the provided pick-up date. The staff will
hand over the tickets and explain how to use them. Customers have to sign for
- If tickets are not collected in time, they expire without any possibility to
claim a refund.
- We can change this type of delivery to „Courier delivery to Prague
hotel/hostel“, if the customer provides us in time with complete delivery
information (the name of the hotel/hostel, its address, the guest's check-in
name and the check-in date) and pays €5 delivery fee difference. This charge
is €10 instead, if the request is made less than 48 hours prior to the train
Delivery and handling charges
- FedEx, DHL: € 20 – 45 (depending on destination)
- Regular mail (Post): € 15 – 25 (depending on
- Courier delivery: € 20 (only in Prague)
- Collection from office: € 15 (only in Prague)
Cancellations, Refunds, Exchanges, Claims
Customers may ask us to cancel and refund their train tickets only if the
following conditions are met:
- The train departure date is at least three working days (exception: group
tickets: at least 7 working days) ahead of the current date
- The train tickets are present in our office
Customer may not ask to cancel and refund their train tickets if they:
- Do not use the train tickets for whatever reason (e .g. missed train,
misplaced or stolen tickets)
- Do not provide us with complete, genuine and undamaged ticket originals in
time (see previous paragraph)
How to proceed
If the tickets are still in the Czech Transport office, it
is enough to send a cancellation request with the booking number (Order ID) by
email. The tickets will be cancelled and refunded according to this
If the tickets are not in the Czech Transport office, the
customer must bring or send the tickets back to the office
together with the cancellation request. The tickets must arrive at least
3 working days (exception: group tickets 7 working days) prior to the train
departure. The tickets will be then cancelled and refunded according to this
The office address:
11800 Prague 1
The tickets have to be sent at customer’s expense by traceable/recorded
- If all conditions stated in this document are met, we provide a refund of
60– 80% of the ticket‘s price (i.e. the cancellation is
charged 20–40%) with the exception of GlobalPrice (GP). The cancellation
charge for GP is 40–60% (i.e. the refund is 40–60% of the ticket
- Delivery or handling fees are always non-refundable.
- Seat reservation costs are always non-refundable.
- The refunded amount depends on many factors (ticket type, time left prior to
- All refunds are credited back to the account which was used
for the original purchase. Reimbursement takes from 3 to 7 working
- Refunds cannot be processed in cash under any circumstances.
- Payments made in the Czech transport office: customers have to send us their
bank account data to receive the refund.
If the order has not been printed yet and still has a status pending,
customers can request a cancellation by e-mail. The cancellation fee is
10% of the total price of the order in such cases.
One or more passengers can be detached and their train tickets can be
cancelled (see the How to proceed section above for
details). There are various types of tickets and the amount to be refunded is
Passengers can change the date and time of their travel. The original tickets
have to be cancelled first (see the How to proceed section
above for details). Afterwards new tickets can be purchased and sent to the
customer again, which means a new delivery fee has to be paid.
If the service is not provided (e.g. the train is cancelled,
severely delayed, the accommodation or class is not as ordered), the customer
must ask a representative of the railways (a conductor, a train station
employee) for a written confirmation about the problem. It can be written on the
reverse side of the tickets or on a special form. To receive any refund, the
customer must send this written evidence with the ticket
originals and the situation description to us (the address is in the How to proceed section above). The tickets should be sent to
us immediately, 60 days from the departure date at latest. Other documents will
be included to these materials and the claim will be submitted to the railway
company. The customer will be informed about the investigation results within
90 days, from the date when the tickets were received.
Further information and requests
Stopping along the way: Most of the time, the train tickets
are valid only for a specific date, time and train. Customers, who want to visit
a city on the route and then continue on a later train, have to buy separate
tickets. Sometimes it is possible to use an earlier or a later train (depending
on the route and ticket type). Customers should contact us before the trip.
- Seat reservation is not obligatory for majority of day trains, however it is
recommended. Without a booked seat, if the train is full,
customers may have to stand the whole trip in the corridor.
- Seat/cabin/bed reservation is always obligatory on the night
trains. Customers travelling only with tickets on a night train would
have to buy reservations (subject of availability) from the conductor and pay a
fine as well
- All claims regarding class availability and related issues will not be
accepted if tickets are booked without a seat reservation.
- A seat reservation is always non-refundable. A cabin/bed/couchette
reservation is partially refundable (see the section Refunds).
- There is no possibility to choose a particular seat/bed/couchette, however,
the system automatically chooses an adjacent seat/bed, if you are buying
multiple tickets (subject of availability).
GlobalPrice (GP) Tickets
- Unlike usual tickets, GlobalPrice (GP) Tickets are tickets with integrated
seat/cabin/couchette reservation. They are easily recognized, because
everything is printed only on a single ticket.
- GP Tickets are issued for specific routes (Vienna-Venice,
- Cancellation of GP Tickets follows specific refund/cancellation policy, see
the section Refunds.
Please send any other questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check also our FAQ before you send an
Czech-Transport.com is run by H-TEAM, s.r.o. (Ltd.)
Reg. number: 24777315
VAT number: CZ24777315
Company is registered by the Municipal court of Prague, section C, file No.